Duga & Co.Law Firm is one of the most modern and innovative law firms in Cameroon. Located in the capital city of Cameroon, Yaounde, it is comprised of Advocates and Solicitors with national and international competence. We are perfectly bilingual (English and French) and have Attorneys trained in both the Common and Civil Law traditions.
We are a leading business and litigation firm with a strong reputation and a long history of success. We do interesting and challenging work for a diverse client base, including businesses, financial institutions and not-for-profit/non-governmental organisations, governments and individual clients.
Duga & Co. law Firm is one of the most modern and innovative law firms in Cameroon. Located in the capital city of Cameroon, Yaoundé, it is comprised of Advocates and Solicitors with national and international competence. We are perfectly bilingual (English and French) and have Attorneys trained in both the Common and Civil Law traditions. We have expertise in the following areas:
ENERGY RESOURCES AND INFRASRUCTURE LAW
INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS LAW
INTERNATIONAL TAXATION LAW
INTERNATIONAL LAW (PUBLIC AND PRIVATE)
INTERNATIONAL HUMAN RIGHTS LAW
INTERNATIONAL HUMANITARIAN LAW
INTERNATIONAL REFUGEE LAW
INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL LAW
INTERNATIONAL ECONOMIC LAW
INT'ERNATIONAL ARBITRATION LAW
INTERNATIONAL TRADE LAW
LAW OF OBLIGATIONS
INTERNATIONAL CRIMINAL LAW
LAW OF RESTITUTION
LAW FIRM PROFILE
The DUGA & Co. Law Firm is a Bilingual (English & French) Law Firm. Based in the Capital City of Cameroon, Yaoundé, it has both national and International Competence. Cameroon being a bi-jurial country (common law and civil law systems) the Law Firm is made up of Barristers trained in both legal systems.
The Law Firm is a partnership of three Barristers and has 5 jurist collaborators two of whom are full-fledged Attorneys and three expecting their call to the Bar. The Law Firm also has consultants who are specialists in various fields, most of them Lecturers at Universities.
The Founding Partner, Dr. E. DUGA TITANJI, is a Barrister and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Cameroon. He is also a Lecturer of Laws at the University of Yaoundé II - SOA. He is also Formerly, the Legal Manager of Crédit Agricole du Cameroun and is a member of the Bar Council and Secretary of the Cameroon Bar Association.
His academic credentials are as follows: Ph.D (Y’de), LL.M (London) DEA , Maîtrise, LL.B-Hons ( Y’dé). He is also the author of numerous articles.
The Law Firm has wide expertise and experience in the following areas of the Law: International Financial Law, Banking Law, Labour Law, Intellectual Property Law, Company Law and Practice, Corporate Finance ,Investment Law including Foreign Direct Investment, Project Finance, Construction Law, Energy Resources and Infrastructure Law, Mining Law, Criminal Law, International Human Rights Law, Environmental Law, Contract Law, Investment Law, International Trade Law, Emerging Markets Law, Civil Law, Regulation of Financial Markets, Family and Succession Law as well as Emi-Immigration Law.
The DUGA & Co. LAW FIRM specializes in the Creation and Incorporation of Companies in Cameroon including the procedures for the opening of branch offices for multilateral companies in Cameroon, Drafting of Deeds and all other Legal documents, Legal Advice and Consultation, Representing clients before the Courts of Cameroon, mediation and arbitration, Liquidation of Companies and Legal Interventions.
The following are some concerns with which the Law Firm has retainership agreements:
- GLOBAL VIRAL FORECASTING
- SOCIETE NATIONALE D’INVESTISSEMENTS (SNI)
- JOHNS HOPKINS UNIVERSITY - CAMEROON PROGRAM
- AMITY BANK CAMEROON PLC
- UNION BANK CAMEROON PLC
- COMMERCIAL BANK OF CAMEROON
- BICEC BANK CAMEROON
- AFRILAND FIRST BANK
- PRESCRIPTOR (AN INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL CONSULTING FIRM)
- THE EUROPEAN UNION HUMAN RIGHTS PROJECT IN CAMEROON
As well as several other prominent corporate and individual clients.
Our working hours are from Mondays - Fridays as from 8. a.m to 6 pm and on Bank Holidays on appointment.
- Law reform Prescriptions for the Fight against Corruption: The Case of Cameroon. Revue Africaine des Sciences Juridiques, Vol.5, No 1 (2008), pp. 203 - 216
- The Right to Defence under the Criminal Procedure Code of Cameroon: The Consecration of International Human Rights Norms under Cameroonian Law? Juridis Periodique No 75, (2008) pp. 90 – 101.
- The Right of Indigenous Peoples to Self-Determination versus Secession: One Coin Two Faces? (2009) 9 AHRLJ, pp. 52 – 75
- The Legal Framework for Foreign Direct Investment in Cameroon (Upcoming).
- The Duty of Confidentiality in Banking Contracts: The Bankers Cross-Roads? (Upcoming).
- Justiciability of the Rights of Indigenous Peoples in Municipal and International Law (October, 2010) Unpublished Ph.D Thesis
- Incorporation of Companies under the Uniform Acts (September, 2002) Unpublished D.E.A Memoire.
- The Contract of Banking in Cameroon: a Legal Perspective (September, 1993). Unpublished Maitrise Dissertation.
DUGA & Co. LAW FIRM
BARRISTERS & SOLICITORS
AVOCATS - CONSEIL
2nd FLOOR, ADE GRAPHICS BUILDING
NEAR NATIONAL EMPLOYMENT FUND
B.P 3331 YAOUNDE
TEL: 00(237) 22 23 70 50,
FAX: 00(237) 22 23 70 50
WORKING HOURS: MONDAYS - FRIDAYS 8.00 A.M - 12.00 NOON; 2.00 P.M - 6 P.M
SATURDAYS: 8.00 A.M - 12.00 NOON (N.B: APPOINTMENTS ONLY)