Duga & Co. Law Firm is one of the most modern and most innovative law firms in Cameroon. Located in Yaoundé the capital city of Cameroon, it is comprised of Advocates and Solicitors with national and international competence. We are perfectly bilingual (English and French) and have Attorneys trained in both the Common and Civil Law traditions. We have expertise in the following areas of the law:International Financial Law, Banking Law, Labour Law, Intellectual Property Law, Company Law and Practice, Corporate Law and Corporate Finance ,Investment Law including Foreign Direct Investment, Project Finance, Construction Law, Energy Resources and Infrastructure Law, Mining Law, Mergers and Acquisitions, Criminal Law, International Human Rights Law, Environmental Law, Contract Law, Emerging Markets Law, Civil Law, Financial Markets and Regulation, Family and Succession Law, Air and Space Law as well as Refugee and Emi-Immigration Law, Sports Law.
Our mission is to help our clients achieve their goals by providing them with very high quality, ethically sound legal counsel and unbeatable strategic advice. We work with our clients to understand their objectives, resolve current issues and proactively anticipate and prevent future problems.
DUGA & Co. LAW FIRM specializes in the Creation and Incorporation of Companies in Cameroon including the procedures for the opening of branch offices for multinational corporations and International Non-Governmental Organization (NGOs) in Cameroon, Drafting of all forms of Legal documents, Legal Advice, counseling and Consultation, Representing clients before law Courts and arbitral bodies, negotiation, mediation and arbitration, Liquidation of Companies and Legal Interventions.
MEET THE TEAM
- Ph.D (Y’de), LL.M (London),MPA(Harvard), Dip.Ciedhu (Strasbourg)DEA, Maitrise, LL.B Hons (Y’de)
- Yale World Fellow
- Harvard: Edward Segendorf Mason Fellow of Public Policy and Management
- Senior Lecturer of Laws (University of Yaoundé II)
- Formerly: Director of Legal Affairs of Credit Agricole du Cameroun
- Member of the Cameroon Bar Association
- Member of the International Bar Association (IBA)
- Member of the Pan-African Lawyers’ Union (PALU)
- Chartered/Certified Arbitrator
- Patent/Trade Mark Attorney
- Consultant with the World Bank
- Member of the Expert of the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) Education for Justice (E4J) Terrorism Prevention Programme
Samkia Duga is the Managing Partner of Duga & Co. Law Firm and head of the Litigation Department. He combines pragmatism, charisma and dedication to deliver record verdicts in state Courts and Arbitral bodies. He has accumulated experience along the years in assisting clients in reaching a solution that best fits their needs whether or not that involved in litigation.
- INSTITUTO SUPERIOR DE DERECHO Y ECONOMIA (ISDE), MADRID-SPAIN
LL.M International Sports Law.
- CAMBRIDGE UNIVERSITY (WOLFSON COLLEGE)
PGDip International Sports Law.
- TRADE AND POLICY TRAINING CENTRE IN AFRICA (TRAPCA)
PGDip International Trade Law and Development.
- NIGERIAN LAW SCHOOL
Bar Vocational Course (Barrister at Law)
- UNIVERSITY OF YAOUNDE II SOA
- NIGERIAN BAR
- CAMEROON BAR